Japan Computer Vision Corp ("JCV"), a world leading image recognition solution company and SoftBank Corp. subsidiary, is launching "SenseThunder-Mini," a compact version of the Integrated Facial Recognition and Thermal Imaging Device. This will provide cost-effective simultaneous body temperature screening and face recognition functionality to assist in the promotion of a safe and secure building access environment.
On April 15, 2020, JCV deployed the "AI Thermo Solution - SenseThunder - " as a measure designed to help combat the Coronavirus pandemic. Since its launch, SenseThunder has been recognized for its accuracy and convenience of use and has been deployed in various locations, such as government offices, corporate buildings, and hospitals.
Businesses and infrastructure services are increasingly implementing mandatory body temperature screening. JCV provides an ideal solution with this new compact version of SenseThunder. SenseThunder-Mini is a budget-friendly model suitable for small space deployment. The new 5.5 inch "SenseThunder-Mini" measures body temperatures instantly (<0.5 secs) and accurately (to within ±0.4℃) up to 1.2 meters. Our proprietary AI can also identify partially covered faces (i.e. people wearing face masks). JCV offers the standalone "SenseThunder-Mini" various attachment models such as fixed gate, fixed door, wall,or portable stands which are most suitable for crowded or small indoor spaces.
- Safe and secure access management achieved through face recognition and body temperature measurement
- Equally applicable to both specific (employee) and non-specific (visitor) personnel body temperature screening
- Compact yet accurate: small 5.5 inch device measures temperature to within ±0.4℃ accuracy
- Real-time alert: people without face masks and/or with outlying temperatures are instantly flagged
- Non-contact, walk-through: face recognition and body temperature analysed up to 1.2m distance within 0.5 seconds
- Easy deployment: connects to security gates/doors and installs on portable stands
The above device has received a technical standards conformity certificate