Verification of face recognition technology as a solution to fare collection, an issue in unmanned driving.
Keio Dentetsu Bus Co.,Ltd. will conduct an automated driving demonstration in the Nishi-Shinjuku area. We are providing face recognition technology for identification when boarding the bus.
In January 2022, Keio Dentetsu Bus Co., Ltd. will conduct a demonstration test of automated driving using local buses in the Nishi-Shinjuku area, as an adopter of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government's "FY2021 Project for Establishing a Service Model Using 5G to Realize Automated Driving Services in the Nishi-Shinjuku Area.
Route and bus stops
Shinjuku Station West Exit (underground) - Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building No. 1 - Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building No. 2 - Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly Building - Shinjuku Station West Exit
▼How to get to the bus
- Download the "LINE" application on your smartphone in advance and register as a friend of the account for this demonstration experiment.
- Upload personal information and a photo of your face on the passenger registration screen within the account for this demonstration experiment, and receive authentication.
- Onboarding the bus, passengers will be authenticated using an onboard terminal. (Masks may be worn).
- After boarding the bus, participants will complete a questionnaire in the LINE application and a questionnaire distributed on the bus.
▼How to pre-register
Official LINE account "TAMa-GO"
Please register as a friend of the official LINE account "TAMa-GO"
Please refer to the following image for the registration procedure. ▼
* Registration will be available from December 27th.
※The photo will be registered in steps ①and②, so you can board the bus. If the authentication does not go smoothly, you will need to re-register according to steps ③ and ④.
For more information, including the schedule and registration, please see the press release below：